Thursday, March 6, 2008

A glass of Wine.... or 3

Good Evening! We just came back from dinner with my BFF and her mom..... and me and my mom. So fun. It did involve 3 bottles of wine.... and that is no joke. And the thing is.... we are totally a strait lace kind of people. But we laughed.... ate.... and laughed some more. Those are the best times.

We are having a cattle drive tomorrow. My hubby and 8 of his closest friends.... actually it will an aunt, uncle, 2 cousins....a friend or two all on horses driving cattle about 10 miles. The only problem is it is currently snowing. To which my husband says.... I'm not going to let a little cold weather stop us.... the cattle will move better. Whatever. Sometimes I wonder how he and I hooked up.... it is below 40 degrees and I think that I shouldn't have to go to work. Or really even get out of bed. My job will be.... fixing lunch for everyone.... and watching our cattle that are already calving. This will involve going out in the pickup every 3 hours... with my little ones and making sure that if anyone is trying to push out a baby.... that everything is going well. I am not sure that I am the best candidate for this job... but if all I have to do is make sure the hooves sticking out are going the right way.... well..... maybe I can handle it. Problem is.... what am I supposed to do if something does look wrong? I can just see me and my mom out there.... like hmmmm.... now what are we supposed to do? Get the calf puller ma.... lets get er done. Yeah right! If anyone feels like chili on cold snowy day with some single cowboys..... stop on by. Yes linz... this means you.

1 comment:

Linny Jane Vintage said...

Oh you know I am always up for some chilli and men. I am coming in May. CHilli and man party?