Thursday, March 13, 2008

Butchering cows, butchering hair

Kind of a gruesome sounding title. But I would like my family to know that I will be participating in the butchering of the cow. I actually hope to be involved as little as possible... so far my only job has been to buy the ziploc baggies to store it in. Anyway... we had a cow pass.... or break her leg.... so this was apparently reason to make her into hamburger. Which I didn't really know that we would actually be making the hamburger. How organic is that? Grow your own meat, butcher it yourself. Good times. Am wondering if any of my other cowgirl friends have had to participate in this? I doubt it.

In other news.... I have dyed my hair back to its original color.... well that is what I told her to do.... but it is super dark. She and I were going for a Lauren Graham (gilmore girls) kind of look... not so sure we achieved it. My husband said it was kind of goth.... he is not known for his sensitivity. He said it in a nice way, but still..... I taught clay at least to tell me it was pretty. This is part of the fun of having children... programming them to say nice things at appropriate times. Tell mommy she is pretty dear... tell me... TELL ME. Kind of freaky actually. Actually I just told him when girls get their haircut, you always have to say it looks nice... I think this is just good manners.... like opening doors and such, part of the things a mom teaches her son. I think maybe my mil dropped the ball on this one. Although after much staring he did say he liked it....