Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mama treasured all these things in her heart....

Now I am writing two posts at one time. One has pics and they take forever to load so I am just going to write a new post and post 2. Lately as I have held my boys close I think about the verse that says "and Mary treasured all of these things in her heart." That is how I feel. Treasureing all these sweet moments with my little boys. Because a mama knows, little boys won't always sit on her lap and snuggle. Last night was a relaxing evening. We were supposed to go to the church Christmas play, and we were planning too... right up until 30 min before. I have been battling morning sickness... and yesterday... it turned to evening sickness. So we scratched our plans... and I made a big pot of mac and cheese and called it good. And lest one think it was real... it was not.... it was from a blue box :) Then everyone got in their footie jammies and we watched grinch and wrapped presents in front of the tree. And the big boys fought over who was going sit in my lap. After the show... I got to take a rare bath and read my fave Christmas book.... Shephards Abiding, a Christmas in Mitford with Father Tim. How I love a cozy book.... while I read the boys all wrapped my presents... oh how they know how mommy loves presents.

Gifts are my love language :) Not ashamed of that... cause I love to give too!! I find it hard to stop buying presents... I cannot be one of those who shops all year for people, cause then I would end up with way too many things for people. We also cannot be one of those families that gives 3 presents to their kids because Jesus recieved 3 gifts. Not because I give way more than that... I just would be able to count say a bag of socks as one gift. It would feel like I was lying if I said it was one present and then really it was 5 pairs of socks. I have several friends who are doing this right now, but I just would never be able to say 3 unless it were actually only 3 finite items. In fact, oldest boy is really only getting one toy (but its Legos) so then I would have to say 324 toy peices. Weird, I know.

Then we put the boys to bed. And after they had just fallen asleep... hubs decided it might be fun to go for a coon hunt. (racoon hunt, for those of you who don't speak Sandhills). So we got the boys all up, into their coveralls and loaded in the pickup. We listened to Christmas music and sang, and got hold the cuddly tired baby, and it was just about perfect. And Mama treasured all these things in her heart....The End

1 comment:

Linny Jane Vintage said...

stop being the cutest family ever!!!

Love it. Love the blog. LOVE the music.