Saturday, June 26, 2010

Goodness and Mercy

Funny to me how the cursor lands in the title spot. Ummm.... no post yet.... how can I start with a title? Maybe thats just me. So in an ongoing effort to actually blog... here I am again. Mostly because the laundry just buzzed done, and 2/3 boys are sleeping and 1/3 boys are with their dad... and thus while I should be running like crazy to get things done... I am fiddling with blog backgrounds. And I am NOT loving the larger than life sunflower that is about to come out of the blog and eat you. Yikes. But since I really don't have that much time... its going to stay. And PS since the background was called "Loving Lindsey" and Lindsey was even spelled correctly I thought it was a good omen to try it. But since at the moment I am not Loving Lindsey and I don't even believe in omens I shouldn't have gone with that. Bummer. But... shabbyblogs has some great backgrounds and thus I believe I will find one. Anyway. If I stopped now I could title this, Worlds Most uninteresting/hateful blog entry. Better keep going.


Today has been a wonderful day. On several levels. One which involved a tearful/joyful phone call. Ever have a phone call that you know is going to change someone's life? This was one of those. Can't quit praising God for his Goodness and Mercy. Both of which are now proper nouns apparently. But I am amazed. In a good way. In a way that I am not yet free to elaborate on.

Also a good day.... because my MIL came over and weeded my garden. Without me. Again... unmerited grace and favor from the Lord, through my MIL. I can now look out my window and see by beans and marigolds and zinnas in all their beauty. And if I could upload pics... I would. Right here. But I haven't even mastered the background... so that will have to wait.

Third happiness of the day.... date night. With my dear sweet husband. Yeah!! We are going to a concert at an event in a nearby ( 45 miles) town called NebraskaLand Days. Last weekend it was rodeos (we went... so fun) and this weekend it is concerts. There will be many people there and I love waundering around chatting with people you don't see too often. And fun country music. And really there is nothing better than country music in the summer. Unless its fun country music in the background, sipping rhubarb slush with your bff on the deck... thats pretty good too. Actually... I just love summer and all of its fun actitivies. I didn't growing up... I actually hated summer in Arizona. Now I see the joy in the swimming lessons, the tball, the gardening... all of it has been so awesome this year... I have been soaking it in.

4th... and last happiness of the day. 3 boys. Hubs has decided that since I believe to be from the movie 7 brides for 7 brothers..... that we are actually now going to supply all seven brothers for 7 lucky brides. We'll have to see about that. But as I was holding my newest addition this week C3..... I coudn't stop the tears from flowing... he was just gazing at me smiling... and I was completely in love. As I am with all of them. All 4 really. Everyday am continually amazed by the Lord's grace in my life. If we choose to follow Him...... abundent life will follow. Maybe not the way we imagined.... but oh so much more.

Surely Goodness and Mercy will follow me all the days of my life....

No comments: