Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spinach Brownies

Yummm. Seriously... I made these today. Much to the chagrin of my husband. He did come around though... as they were in fact faboulous... but he was def suspicious. This is because I recently made chili that involved cinnamon and chocolate. And unfortunately also beef and chili powder. It was to date the most disgusting thing that I have ever made. Win some lose some. It got 5 stars on allrecipes.com so whatever. Cooking on the ranch is also a different beast. First of all... you have all 3 meals. Which means, I am in the kitchen alot. Our neighboring ranch has a cook... and someone over there recently commented that she cooked "too healthy" and they didn't really like that. Luckily.... anything here passes for a salad. You might be thinking... lettuce, onion, tomatoe... but you would be wrong. Think broccolli and bacon. Red jello and carrots. Snickers and apples and whip cream. Now there is a salad. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Perhaps the very crux of not being able to lose a few pounds is the very fact that I did indeed turn a perfectly good vegatable into a brownie. Pathetic.

No comments: