Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sick Day

Greetings from the plague. Our little town has been struck with the flu.... no fun. I am on my second week of missing work.... which is also no good. My counter looks like a pharmacy..... and there are kleenex everywhere. This being my first blog.... and first posting.... it may be a little dry till I get in my blogging grove if you will. Until I find my blogging nitch. I feel somewhat intimidated as my sister, who is extrememly artsy and creative....... has a blog as well. And I feel as if our family will read them... compare and I will come up short. Anyone have a cute younger more interesting sister out there?? I know you do. Because in all these cute romanic comedies... they are always about a cute, young, single journalist.... and her older married nurse sister with children. It is so us its not even funny. But I do have farm and children stories..... both of which she is lacking. She only has the swinging single life to draw on.....which is a mere memory of mine. A good memory.... but 5 years prior now.

I was up half the night with my youngest boy..... he is sick too. Snot nosed.... tearful. Both of which are rare for him.

My oldest boy who is 3.5..... has a lot of things to say in this world. Many an observation. Last nights....... if you stick your hand in your booty.... it smells. That is does.... and a good lesson to learn early. We use the word booty at my house..... for a couple of reasons. Because we are literally 45 miles from anyone with any ethnic background and I want him to be comfortable with different terms..... butt sounds crass.... and hiney sounds old lady. If anyone has any better ideas...... they would be welcome. If I knew the biblical term.... I would soooo use it.

Allright.... I will write more, when I think of more.

1 comment:

Linny Jane Vintage said...

This is the BEST blog ever. Please keep the updates coming.