Monday, June 30, 2008

Homeschool

Currently I have a facination with homeschooling. For some unknown reason it interests me. Which it never has before, in fact I was always one to point out how weird homeschoolers generally were. But now, as I come to the point of putting my children in school... I suddenly have taken up an interest. An obsessive interest. Like, I spend hours after the kids are in bed looking at curriculm, gathering all the facts and info I can. And the thing is..... I am really starting to not care if my kids are weird or not. If you can raise them to be smart, hard workers, and likeable people.... does it matter where they got their education? If and it is a big IF as to what I will decide or not..... If I did homeschool.... I know it would cause a bit of a stir at first. I have been trying it on for size in conversations.... like dropping hints to my family.... who has been remarkably supportive. Mostly because I am sure that they are thinking that this is just a phase that I am going through and it won't last.... we'll see. My husband is supportive....I think that he could jump right on the homeschooling bandwagon..... we'll see. I just wanted to get some thoughts out there about it. Any opinions would be welcome!!

No comments: